WHEREAS, pursuant to Article lV, Part C, Section 13 of the Bylaws of Greenbriar Condominium – Phases I, TI and HI – The Board of Directors shall manage the affairs of the Council and shall have all the powers and duties necessary for the administration of the condominium, and
WHEREAS, pursuant to Article VJJJ, Section J of the Bylaws of Greenbriar Condominium – Phases T, II and III – The Board shall have the power to adopt such rules and regulations as it deems necessary and appropriate and to impose reasonable sanctions for violations thereof, including, without limitation, monetary fines, and
WHEREAS, a procedure needs to be established for the treatment and elimination of bed bugs and other types of pest infestation in order to prevent or eliminate their presence in the Greenbriar community.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT, the Boards of Directors of Greenbriar Condominium – Phases I, II and HI hereby adopt the following policy for the treatment of pest infestation:
- 1. If management determines that there is pest infestation in a particular unit, (“the affected unit’·’) they will post a notice in the building to make all residents aware that an infestation exists and recommend that all residents have an inspection done.
- 2. Management will notify, in writing, the owner of the affected unit that commencement of treatment is required within 10 days of notification. The notice will specify that a pest control company selected by management will contact the homeowner to sched~le times for treatment of the infestation. The notice to the affected unit shall include a demand to · commence treatment of the pest infestation within the aforesaid l 0-day period and specify that the failure by the homeowner to take such action may result in sanctions, including the imposition of a fine, after notice and hearing. lf the owner of the affected unit is financially unable to pay for treatment, he/she shall request in writing that the association pay for the treatment. The association will then get the treatment done, pay for the treatment, add the cost to the homeowner’s account and bi II the homeowner for reimbursement, so that the infestation can be addressed.
- 3. Contact information on homeowners with units adjacent (above, below and next to) the affected unit will be given to the association’s exterminator to call and set up appointments for inspections in their units. Inspections will be at the association’s expense. If an infestation is found in an adjacent unit, the above procedure in Paragraph 2 will be followed for’that unit. If the owner of a unit adjacent to an affected unit, refuses to get his/her unit inspected, he/she will be sent a rule violation letter demanding an inspection take place or be scheduled within a l Oday period (noting the commence date of that period) and that the failure by the homeowner to take such action may result in sanctions, including the imposition of a fine, after notice and hearing. — ..
- 4. Any homeowner that has been notified of a pest infestation shall fully cooperate with the pest control company so that the unit can be inspected and treatment, if needed, can be completed without delay.
- 5. The unit owner will be responsible for the costs of extermination in his/her unit, including the charges of the pest control company if he/she is not present for a scheduled appointment or if the condition of his/her unit either prevents or makes more difficult the application of the treatment.
- 6. Once the pest infestation treatment has been completed, the homeowner shall promptly notify management and provide management with documentation from the pest control company that treatment has been finished.
- 7. In the event the homeowner fails to comply with the obligations set forth in this Resolution, including paying the pest control company, or’reimbursing the association for the pest company’s services, the Board of Directors may impose a fine, after notice and hearing, not to exceed the reimbursement charges not paid by the homeowner and $500.00 per week for each week that this non-compliance continues. The fine shall be established pursuant to the procedure set forth in Article VUI Section l and 2 of the Bylaws. All fines shall constitute a lien and a special assessment against the homeowner’ s unit.
See Attached Signed Document